restaurant review #250 – This is not really a ‘restaurant’ review, as we did not visit an actual restaurant! But gastronomic vegan chef Pieter-Jan Lint and his team did the catering for a birthday party of a friend.
It was a beautiful sunny day at the end of Summer, and we were in the back garden of an estate in the Antwerp area. There were sofas, high chairs and benches, a really enjoyable setting, and that also meant one could easily walk around in between courses and mingle with others. So much better than having to be seated at a table for several hours on end!
We were served a 10-course menu. This was the menu (Dutch on photo)
- The sea. Sea vegetables – oysterleaf – green apple
- Say cheese. Croquette, mustard, pickled vegetables
- Happy Goose. Hokaido mousse, popcorn
- Raw Pizza. Basil, fermented nut cheese, smoked tomato
- A walk in the garden. Radish, quinoa, wild garden herbs, garden sorrel (oxalis)
- Tom Ka Kai. Green asparagus, kohlrabi, seagreen
- Ceci n’est pas une coquille. Saffron, fennel, rouille
- Portobello. Potato mousseline with garlic, grilled lettuce hearts, miso
- Pure Chocolate Madagascar. Cremeux, sea buckthorn
- Blueberry. Cheese cake, Meringue, lemon balm
Everything was beautifully presented and tasted simply delicious. A real feast!
Service was also swift. Courses followed in a timely manner (not too quick, not too slow).
In addition to this menu, there was also an icecream truck from Heppie Cow, with vegan icecream.
We absolutely enjoyed it! A great birthday party and happy birthday again to my friend!
Pieter-Jan Lint is planning to open his own restaurant in the Ghent area next year. And we will surely visit!
vegan gastronomic chef Pieter-Jan Lint